In the peak season leading up to Christmas, your SEO marketing and digital strategies become even more important. To make the most out of the spending frenzy, here are a few essential online marketing tips to boost your retail strategy:
Remarketing Is Key
Remarketing is an indispensable technique for retailers during the festive season. The retargeted customer spends close to 50% more than the average customer does during the peak spending season and retailers see an average increase of over 21% on peak days such as Cyber Monday. Some tips to optimize your remarketing strategy include:
- Optimizing the copy in your ads, graphics, and calls-to-action in line with the big spending days, promotions or sales that you are offering. Encourage direct response through compelling copy.
- Drill down into segmented audiences and avoid retargeting shoppers with product categories that they have already bought. For personalization to work, you need to make sure you are displaying products that they would want to buy, not things that they already own.
- Create long tail campaigns by using your peak database to cross and up-sell after Christmas. Many people will be looking for great offers during January when many retailers have big sales. You can use this as an opportunity to remarket products that customers showed interest in during the festive season.
- Retarget customers who have added items into your website’s shopping cart with personalized reminders, delivery deals and extra discounts.
- Re-engage customers who have bought products or have taken up special discounts and deals during the festive season. Offer them new, even more compelling deals.
For effective social media marketing during the festive season, make use of social media automation tools such as Hootsuite. That way, you can schedule your content, promotions, and sales content in advance. Research the peak times on the different social media platforms to get your time scheduling right, but do not schedule all your content in advance. You need to be able to respond to customer feedback in real time and advertise relevant promotions on the fly, so be sure you have a social media manager who is keeping track of your social engagements during this time.
WSI New Media Marketing is a digital marketing agency in Greensboro, North Carolina, specializing in SEO marketing, pay per click advertising, and mobile content marketing. Contact us to help you boost your retail strategy this festive season.