With global mobile commerce sales expected to increase by 20% for the remainder of 2019, 30% of consumers say they would like the option of purchasing directly on social media platforms.
Instagram jumped on this social media marketing bandwagon with their recently launched checkout – a feature which enhances the shopping experience by making purchases simple, convenient and secure. Gone are the days of navigating to the browser when wanting to make a purchase.
- So, How Will Instagram’s Checkout Work?
As a retailer, implementing the checkout feature is quite simple. Once you’ve created an Instagram post, you can tag the product(s) featured. Your customers will be able to click on the post to view the product and to select a color, size, and shipping options. The first time the Instagram user makes a purchase, he/she will need to enter personal and billing information, which is securely saved, making every purchase following almost instantly.
- Why Is Checkout so Important for my Business?
The visual contender, Instagram, has become a fast favorite for discovering millions of new products. It has – and continues to be – a very powerful social media marketing tool. Now, with the option to check out directly in the app, you will have the ability to shift more potential customers to actual customers.
With the ability to check out directly on Instagram, you’ll increase the chances of sales, which otherwise might be lost. That being said, you shouldn’t forget about your own e-commerce website. By making your products available on various platforms, you will not only increase your customer base but also your overall sales.
- How Do I Use Checkout Successfully in my Business?
- Start focusing on your Instagram community and grow your follower base. The more followers you have, the more users will see and share your products.
- Ensure that your Instagram feed is aesthetically pleasing and that the images you use are of high quality.
- Use product tabs to ensure that your account is set up properly to allow for the checkout feature to be implemented.
This new feature is exciting for anyone in retail. By offering your customers a seamless and convenient shopping experience, you’ll create a larger, more loyal audience in the long run.
Are you ready to take the next step in your social media marketing strategy? Contact us for more information.