What is Digital Marketing for Businesses?
Marianna Muscat - Tuesday, March 8, 2022
“Is it possible that digital marketing accounted for X’s success?” wondered Y*. They sold similar products at matching prices and offered comparable service. Read on to find out X’s secret!
What is Digital Marketing?
Simply put, online marketing is the promotion of your brand using digital media. It connects with your target audience via the internet and smart devices. It uses digital means to disseminate your brand message, advertise, and track the impact of your brand. It usually refers to marketing efforts that appear on mobile phones, laptops, tablets, or any type of digital devices.
Here are The Different Types of Digital Marketing
For a company taking its first foray into the world of digital marketing, it can be intimidating. All the jargon, abbreviations, and ever-changing algorithms seem daunting – never mind the myriad different types of digital marketing. Let’s explore the digital marketing channels you might use as part of your digital marketing strategy:
- Content marketing is the base of all your marketing campaigns. Whenever you distribute messages that educate, entertain, encourage, or persuade your audience, you are creating content.
- Search engine optimization, a.k.a. SEO is the heartbeat of all digital marketing tactics. By analyzing the keywords and rankings of your website, you can work to optimize your digital presence to be higher up on the search engine results page (SERP).
- PPC stands for pay-per-click – a way to advertise on search engines like Google by bidding on keywords that bring in the most online traffic. Your account is billed every time someone clicks on one of your ads.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) combines PPC and SEO efforts to attract visitors to your website through search engines using paid and unpaid methods.
- Social media marketing (SMM) helps you reach your audience via social media platforms from LinkedIn to TikTok.
- Email marketing is a fantastic tool for promoting offers and discounts, sharing content, and distributing relevant information directly to subscribers’ inboxes.
- Mobile marketing sends messages through SMS and push notifications that reach your audience on-the-go.
- Influencer marketing and affiliate marketing involve collaborating with people in a position of eminence – be they industry experts or social media celebs.
Why Do You Need Digital Marketing for Your Business?
Digital marketing is to organizations. In comparison to print, radio, and television ads, it is deemed less expensive. In a manner that traditional advertising and marketing cannot, digital marketing campaigns are simple to set up, execute, and track, with outcomes that are quantifiable.
As X discovered, digital marketing is essential for business success because it is:
- Affordable and offers great ROI
- Flexible – test, measure, and tweak
- Interactive – engage and manage your reputation to be regarded as an authority
- Accessible where your audience is
- Exciting – include multiple types of media, interact with influencers, track your customers’ buying journeys
If, like Y, you would like more information on how to leverage digital marketing to outperform your competitors, contact WSI New Media Marketing at 336.763.4006 or online. (*Names changed to protect the innocent!)