Social media marketing is one of the best tools available to drive traffic and sales to your website. That makes it all the more important to get it just right. Promoting your brand on social media channels may seem like it takes less effort, but engaging content and a well-defined release schedule is needed if you want to see robust growth.
Social Media Marketing Diversification
While people still turn to online search engines for answers and solutions to their problems, 75% of them also use social media sites. If your organization’s social media presence isn’t delivering the results you want to see, it may be time to diversify so you reach as many potential customers as possible. Seasoned social media expert or just a beginner, here are five ways to stay on top of your social media marketing game and diversify your social media efforts.
- Social Media Contests are a fun and cost-effective way to create excitement around your brand while boosting consumer awareness. The success of a contest is easier to track and the types of contests you can run are limitless. Some of the most effective include photo-sharing campaigns where followers compete for prizes, hashtag-centered campaigns, and “like” or “follow” contests where users are entered into a drawing by liking your Facebook page or following your Twitter or Instagram sites.
- Internal Campaigns offer a diversion during the downtimes of your larger social media campaigns and are a terrific way to increase employee engagement. Internal campaigns work best when timed to your brand’s overall internet marketing strategy. Run them for an optimum length of time (not too long, not too short), and link them back to a unique problem, goal, or challenge your business is facing.
- Guest Posting isn’t just for blogs. Social media channels can also benefit from allowing guests to post their own unique or experienced take on your company. Or ask an industry influencer or celebrity to live tweet a company event. There may be no quicker way to grow your follower base and get the audience buzzing about your brand.
- Specials let you shake up the routine of daily postings, add new elements and create a change of pace in your online social strategy. Specials tend to have high engagement and re-engagement results. The goal is to create a repeatable series of posts your audience comes to rely on. Some brands choose inspirational quotes or links to resources, while others use silly photos or videos. Don’t forget to include a custom hashtag that is consistent from special to special.
- Alternative Social Platforms. Instagram and Snapchat both started out as niche social media sites, and there’s no doubt more will pop up. Savvy marketers are willing to try out these newcomers. The investment is small and the payoff can be big. If the platform doesn’t take off, it’s easy to delete your brand’s profile and move on to the next. No matter which platform you choose, the strategy should be to build a user base. You can use your existing social media channels to do so.
It isn’t necessary to be a big brand to dominate social media engagement. All it takes is the willingness to diversify your social media marketing strategy by embracing new tactics that will capture your audience’s attention and spark a conversation. Whatever strategy you decide on, don’t stand still on social. Your audience – and your bottom line – will thank you. Have you tried it yet?