Email marketing is a tactic businesses use to target a specific audience and customer group via electronic mail. However, customers have to give permission to the company to send them emails. Email marketing strategies aim to boost conversions and revenue by providing the customers on the email list with valuable information, commercials, or content.
The first marketing email was sent back in 1978, resulting in over $13 in sales. However, modern email marketing has moved away from a one-size-fits-all approach and towards personalization and consent.
This blog post will cover everything you need to know about email marketing and give you tips to improve your email marketing efforts.
How Does Email Marketing Work?
As mentioned above, nowadays, email marketing is based on segmentation and personalized content. Email marketers usually segment their customers into different email lists to do this. The segmentation process is based on personal preferences and interests. Personalization is crucial since sending customers superfluous emails could lead to them unsubscribing from your email list.
But there are more components to email marketing campaigns. To execute a successful email marketing campaign, you’ll need to craft an eye-catching and relevant email subject line and incorporate images that resonate with your email subscribers.
When to Use Email Marketing
Email marketing can be used to:
- Create brand awareness: Sending relevant, well-crafted email messages to your customer base will keep your company in your customers’ minds. And when they’re ready to engage or sign up, they can!
- Promote content: You can also send emails with brand new blog content to your customers. This way, you can boost engagement with your site’s content, which might lead to signups and conversions.
- Market products: Send your customers your new products and services to boost sales.
Email Marketing Benefits
Here are three benefits of email marketing:
- Conversions: Email marketing can help you boost conversions. For example, you can send customers personalized coupons or special offers on their birthdays.
- Scalability: Emails can be sent to many recipients in one go. Bulk emails are a cost-effective marketing tactic compared to other channels like social media.
- Customer loyalty: Sending relevant emails to your customers can help you build a loyal customer base.
If you need some help with creating an excellent email marketing strategy, visit the WSI New Media Marketing website today,
We are a full-service digital marketing agency in Greensboro, NC and our services include inbound and outbound marketing, content creation, advertising, and more.