Mobile marketing is on the up-and-up thanks to the ubiquity of the smartphone. As a savvy marketer, you need to know what your options are, and figure out what is best for your business.
These ubiquitous phones can do more than the phones of yesteryear, so staying updated with the latest trends is essential. However, marketers must remember that not everybody has the very latest phone, so you need to cater to everyone to maximize your campaign’s reach.
How To Optimize Your Mobile Marketing
Here are five basic tips:
- “Horses for courses” applies to social media marketing too. Every platform has its own limitations so don’t try to use the same material across channels that work differently. Also remember that social media marketing should be concise and instantly understandable. Consider data limitations for some users so have optional extensions for rich content.
- Create a clear call to action (CTA) so viewers can be converted to clients. Conversion rates can be improved by using only one CTA and avoiding navigation links that could be distracting. Go back to basics and use contrasting colours.
- Make your message stand out from the many others on every channel by being relevant and personal as well as designed for SEO. Use information you know about your customer like their names, previous purchasing data, etc. Add your personal signature too.
- Encourage two-way communication by enabling the receiver to instantly and easily reply to the campaign. In this way, you have opened a conversation from which you can glean data, receive valuable feedback and encourage loyalty.
- Use the data you obtain to continually test, measure, and improve.
Some Very Successful Mobile Marketing Campaigns Listed
One of the smartest digital marketing strategies of 2021 is Anheuser-Busch’s pivot from brewing beer to manufacturing hand sanitizer during the COVID-19 pandemic: They announced to the Twitterverse, “We have a long history of supporting our communities and employees – this time is no different. That’s why we are using our supply and logistics network to begin producing and distributing bottles of hand sanitizer to accommodate the growing needs across the United States.” This endeared the brand by reaching the hearts and minds of Americans.
Another ingenious mobile marketing campaign was the collaboration between dating app Tinder and British Football Club, Manchester City. By partnering with the men’s and women’s leagues, Tinder planned to interact with fans using games, AR experiences and stadium events. The global fanbase of the team pairs well with Tinder’s global reach (now in over 200 countries and 40 languages).
Take some inspiration from the brilliant campaigns out there and put your marketing creativity to the test. Anything is possible in today’s digital world.
Get in touch with New Media Marketing to help you set up mobile marketing strategies that deliver real ROI that improves your customer affinity and engages your employees.